That’s my piece you be dissin, bitch. You better check yo self.
(via glorfindel)Source: i-just-rode-up-on-a-unicorn-and
So I guess I’m a tumblr idiot because I see lots of comments on posts but no way to actually comment. Is it tied to Reblog in some arcane way or is it a separate function?Ohh I never actually use the dashboard. I guess that explains my confusion. Oops.
What if gun rights were regulated like abortion rights? Here’s a list of just some of the hoops you’d have to jump through before you could own a gun:
- Only one store in the entire state would sell guns. (See: Mississippi, Arkansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming for states with only one abortion provider.)
- You’d have to fill out an enormous personal background check including intrusive personal information that has nothing to do with your ability to own or use a gun. Then you’d have to wait at least 72 hours and come back to the store. (Remember, it’s the only one in the state. You better hope you don’t live on the other side of Wyoming.)
- Upon your return, you’d have to sit through intensive mandatory counseling. Your counselor, regardless of his personal beliefs, would have to tell you that gun ownership is actually a bad idea, and that it would negatively effect your mental health to own a gun. (This, despite there being no scientific evidence to support the claim.)
- Next, you’d sit through a gruesome movie showing the actual aftermath of domestic gun crimes. You’d see people with half a head. You’d see dead children in their beds. You’d see the bloody aftermath of a school shooting. You’d be shown statistic after statistic warning you that you’d be contributing to this morally degenerate sanctioning of murder.
- If you lived in Virginia, you’d have to come back (again) for an invasive and uncomfortable fMRI (which costs around $300 out of your pocket) to ensure your honesty in answering all the background check information and your intentions to use your gun responsibly. (This was as close as I could get to the invasive transvaginal procedure included in the recently passed Virginia bill.)
- Oh… and if you were married, your spouse might have to sign off on your gun ownership.
(via dannegerous)Source: exm.nr
Gentle reminder that while the dwarves have loyalty, honor, willing hearts, and all the
manlydwarfly smolder you can shake a stick at, they are collectively about as dumb as a box of bricks.
#when bilbo baggins is the brains of your operation #your operation is fucked #this goes for you too thorin #yeah you caught on faster than kili #but that’s like saying you caught on faster than a concussed duck
literally crying at those tags omfg
(via hiddlespeare)Source: nerdoftherings
I find it saddening that the Fëanorian’s descent into self-destruction gets all the sympathy and attention from fans, while the plight of Húrin, Morwen, and their family receives almost nothing by comparison.
I don’t know about you guys but for me the Narn i hin Hurin is the best part of the Silmarillion and Turin is the greatest human character in the whole mythos, so this does not rings any bells for me.
And the brief scene when he finds Tuor God I love that moment is I cannot even describe it.
I know we don’t know each other but I think you’re my soulmate.Source: silmarillion-confessions